Curriculum Coming Soon
The following samples of original units will be coming soon to tweenteacher.com:
- “Meanwhile…,” an integrated comparative History Unit that spans approximately 2 weeks of CORE lessons. Meanwhile focuses on and uses strategies that employ many of Howard Gardner’s categories of multiple-intelligences, while also stressing Character Education.
- A list of historical fiction books that correspond to the California History 6-8 standards (This volume was complied with the help of Kenna McRae, a remarkable 7th grade Language Arts teacher with a masters in Education at Stanford University and a background in Special Ed and AVID. Kenna is a passionate advocate of classroom libraries and their importance in developing an environment of reading.)
- Step-by-step lessons on how to develop a student-created, illuminated-letter glossary for the classroom as a means to integrate Art into any subject or curriculum unit.
- An integrated Response to Literature writing unit (in accordance to the 7th grade California standards)
- An integrated Persuasive Writing unit (in accordance to the 7th grade California standards)
- How to set up a Test Prep interactive binder in the classroom for student use throughout the year